Terms & Conditions
General Sales Terms and Conditions – Integrated Corrosion Companies, LLC
- These terms and conditions of sale (these "Terms") are the only terms which govern the sale of goods, equipment, parts, and materials ("Goods") or provision of services ("Services") by Integrated Corrosion Companies, LLC or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates ("Seller") to buyer ("Buyer"). Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, if a written contract signed by both parties is in existence covering the sale of the Goods or provisions of Services covered hereby, the terms and conditions of said contract shall prevail to the extent they are inconsistent with these Terms.
- The accompanying quotation of sale or confirmation of invoice (the "Sales Confirmation" and these Terms (collectively, this "Agreement") comprise the entire agreement between the parties, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous understandings, agreements, negotiations, representations and warranties, and communications, both written and oral. These Terms prevail over any of Buyer's general terms and conditions of purchase regardless whether or when Buyer has submitted its purchase order or such terms. Fulfillment of Buyer's order does not constitute acceptance of any of Buyer's terms and conditions and does not serve to modify or amend these Terms.
- Delivery; Shipping Terms.
- The Goods will be delivered within a reasonable time after the receipt of Buyer's purchase order, subject to availability of finished Goods. Seller shall not be liable for any delays, loss or damage in transit. Seller shall make delivery in accordance with the terms on the face of any Sales Confirmation and at the delivery point designated therein ("Delivery Point").
- Seller may, in its sole discretion, without liability or penalty, make partial shipments of Goods to Buyer. Each shipment will constitute a separate sale, and Buyer shall pay for the units shipped whether such shipment is in whole or partial fulfillment of Buyer's purchase order.
- If for any reason Buyer fails to accept delivery of any of the Goods on the date fixed pursuant to Seller's notice that the Goods have been delivered at the Delivery Point, or if Seller is unable to deliver the Goods at the Delivery Point on such date because Buyer has not provided appropriate instructions, documents, licenses or authorizations: (i) risk of loss to the Goods shall pass to Buyer;
- Title and Risk of Loss.
Title passes to Buyer upon delivery of the Goods at the Delivery Point (e.g., FOB Seller's facility or FOB Buyer's facility). Risk of loss to all Goods ordered under any Sales Confirmation passes to Buyer upon Seller's tender of Goods to the carrier. As collateral security for the payment of the purchase price of the Goods, Buyer hereby grants to Seller a lien on and security interest in and to all of the right, title and interest of Buyer in, to and under the Goods, wherever located, and whether now existing or hereafter arising or acquired from time to time, and in all accessions thereto and replacements or modifications thereof, as well as all proceeds (including insurance proceeds) of the foregoing. The security interest granted under this provision constitutes a purchase money security interest under the Texas Uniform Commercial Code.
- The quantity of any installment of Goods as recorded by Seller on dispatch from Seller's place of business is conclusive evidence of the quantity received by Buyer on delivery unless Buyer can provide conclusive evidence proving the contrary.
- The Seller shall not be liable for any non-delivery of Goods (even if caused by Seller's negligence) unless Buyer gives written notice to Seller of the non-delivery within five (5) days of the date when the Goods would in the ordinary course of events have been received.
- Any liability of Seller for non-delivery of the Goods shall be limited to replacing the Goods within a reasonable time or adjusting the invoice respecting such Goods to reflect the actual quantity delivered.
- Inion and Rejection of Nonconforming Goods.
- Buyer shall inspect the Goods within five (5) days of receipt ("Inspection Period"). Buyer will be deemed to have accepted the Goods unless it notifies Seller in writing of any Nonconforming Goods during the Inspection Period and furnishes such written evidence or other documentation as required by Seller. "Nonconforming Goods" means only the following: (i) product shipped is different than identified in Buyer's purchase order; or (ii) product's label or packaging incorrectly identifies its contents.
- If Buyer timely notifies Seller of any Nonconforming Goods, Seller shall, in its sole discretion, (i) replace such Nonconforming Goods with conforming Goods, or (ii) credit or refund the Price for such Nonconforming Goods, together with any reasonable shipping and handling expenses incurred by Buyer in connection therewith. Buyer shall ship, at its expense and risk of loss, the Nonconforming Goods to Seller's facility. If Seller exercises its option to replace Nonconforming Goods, Seller shall, after receiving Buyer's shipment of Nonconforming Goods, ship to Buyer, at Buyer's expense and risk of loss, the replaced Goods to the Delivery Point.
- Stock items: In the event that the Purchaser desires to return stock items, Purchaser shall return such Goods within thirty (30) days of the Sales Confirmation date. The higher of a restocking fee of fifteen percent (15%) or that which is assessed by Seller's suppliers, will be assessed on all returns that are determined to be of no-fault by Seller (in Seller's sole discretion). Freight and shipping charges are non-refundable and additional freight/shipping charges may apply if the Seller returns the Goods to its supplier. All returned merchandise must be new, unused, in its original packaging and be in "sellable" condition. If the Buyer desires to return the Goods that meet the above conditions, a return authorization ("RA") must be issued by the Seller and a copy must accompany the returned Goods. Any Goods returned without the proper RA will be refused and/or subject to a one hundred percent (100%) restocking fee. All non-stock, special orders and custom- made Goods are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- All electric motors are subject to inspection upon return and will not be accepted if (i) they are customized motors, or (ii) they have been mounted, coupled or otherwise scored, marked, blemished or modified ("Non-returnable Motors"). All Non-returnable Motors will be refused by the Seller and left with the freight carrier to return to the Buyer, at Buyer's sole risk and expense. No credit will be issued for all non-returnable Goods.
- Buyer shall purchase the Goods from Seller at the price(s) (the "Price(s)") set forth in Seller's published price list in force as of the date that Seller accepts Buyer's purchase order. If the Price(s) should be increased by Seller before delivery of the Goods to a carrier for shipment to Buyer, then these Terms shall be construed as if the increased price(s) were originally inserted herein, and Buyer shall be billed by Seller on the basis of such increased price(s).
- All Prices are exclusive of all sales, use and excise taxes, and any other similar taxes, duties and charges of any kind imposed by any governmental authority on any amounts payable by Buyer. Buyer shall be responsible for all such charges, costs and taxes.
- Payment Terms.
- Buyer shall pay all invoiced amounts due to Seller within thirty (30) days from the date of Seller's invoice. Buyer shall make all payments hereunder by immediately available funds and in US dollars.
- Buyer shall pay interest on all late payments (beyond 45 days) at the lesser of the rate of 1.5% per month or the highest rate permissible under applicable law, calculated daily and compounded monthly. Buyer shall reimburse Seller for all costs incurred in collecting any late payments (including any by dishonored checks), including, without limitation, attorneys' fees and bank service charges. In addition to all other remedies available under these Terms or at law (which Seller does not waive by the exercise of any rights hereunder), Seller shall be entitled to suspend the delivery of any Goods or Services if Buyer fails to pay any amounts when due.
- Buyer shall not withhold payment of any amounts due and payable by reason of any set-off of any claim or dispute with Seller, whether relating to Seller's breach, bankruptcy or otherwise.
- Limited Warranty.
- With respect to Goods, all warranties are "pass through warranties" from the manufacturer in effect as of the date of shipment under the corresponding individual transaction. With respect to Services, Seller warrants to Buyer that it shall perform the Services using personnel of required skill, experience and qualifications and in a professional and workmanlike manner in accordance with generally recognized industry standards for similar services and shall devote adequate resources to meet its obligations under this Agreement.
- EXCEPT FOR THE WARRANTY SET FORTH IN SECTION 9(A), SELLER MAKES NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE GOODS OR SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY (a) WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY; OR (b) WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; OR (c) WARRANTY OF TITLE; OR (d) WARRANTY AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY; WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE OR OTHERWISE.
- The Seller shall not be liable for a breach of the warranty set forth in Section 9(a) unless: (i) Buyer gives written notice of the defect, reasonably described, to Seller within thirty (30) days of the time when Buyer discovers or ought to have discovered the defect; (ii) Seller is given a reasonable opportunity after receiving the notice to examine such Goods and Buyer (if requested to do so by Seller) returns such Goods to Seller's place of business at Seller's cost for the examination to take place there; and (iii) Seller reasonably verifies Buyer's claim that the Goods are defective.
- The Seller shall not be liable for a breach of the warranty set forth in Section 9(a) if: (i) Buyer makes any further use of such Goods after giving such notice; (ii) the defect arises because Buyer failed to follow the manufacturer's instructions as to the storage, installation, commissioning, use or maintenance of the Goods; or (iii) Buyer alters or repairs such Goods.
- Subject to Section 9(c) and Section 9(d) above, with respect to any such Goods during the manufacturer's warranty period, Seller shall, in its sole discretion, either: (i) repair or replace such Goods (or the defective part) or (ii) credit or refund the price of such Goods at the pro rata contract rate provided that, if Seller so requests, Buyer shall, at Seller's expense, return such Goods to Seller.
- THE REMEDIES SET FORTH IN SECTION 9(E) SHALL BE THE BUYER'S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND SELLER'S ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH IN SECTION 9(A).
- Limitation of Liability.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES OR DIMINUTION IN VALUE, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO ANY BREACH OF THESE TERMS, WHETHER OR NOT THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES HAS BEEN DISCLOSED IN ADVANCE BY BUYER OR COULD HAVE BEEN REASONABLY FORESEEN BY BUYER, REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) UPON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY AGREED OR OTHER REMEDY OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER'S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE TOTAL OF THE AMOUNTS PAID TO SELLER FOR THE AGGREGATE AMOUNTS PAID OR PAYABLE TO SELLER FOR THE APPLICABLE SALES CONFIRMATION.
- The limitation of liability set forth in Section 9(b) above shall not apply to (i) liability resulting from Seller's gross negligence or willful misconduct and (ii) death or bodily injury directly resulting from Seller's acts or omissions.
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Buyer (as "Indemnifying Party") shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless Seller and its representatives, officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, successors and permitted assigns (collectively, "Indemnified Party") against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses of whatever kind, including reasonable attorneys' fees, fees and the costs of enforcing any right to indemnification under this Agreement and the cost of pursuing any insurance providers (collectively, "Losses"), arising out of or resulting from any claim of a third party or party alleging: (a) breach or non-fulfillment of any representation, warranty or covenant set forth in this Agreement by Indemnifying Party or Indemnifying Party's personnel; (b) any negligent or more culpable act or omission of Indemnifying Party or its personnel (including any recklessness or willful misconduct) in connection with the performance of its obligations under this Agreement; or (c) any bodily injury, death of any person or damage to real or tangible personal property caused by the willful or negligent acts or omissions of Indemnifying Party or its personnel; or (d) any failure by Indemnifying Party or its personnel to materially comply with any applicable laws.
- Compliance with Law.
Buyer shall comply with all applicable laws, regulations and ordinances, including without limitation the FCPA, as amended. Buyer shall maintain in effect all the licenses, permissions, authorizations, consents and permits that it needs to carry out its obligations under this Agreement. Buyer shall comply with all applicable export and import laws of all countries involved in the sale of the Goods under this Agreement or any resale of the Goods by Buyer. Buyer agrees to prohibit the involvement in this Agreement of any entity known to be headquartered in, or owned or controlled by a national of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan or Syria, or of any other individual or entity identified on an applicable denied or restricted party list promulgated by the U.S. Export Administration Regulations ("EAR"), the U.S. Department of Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control ("OFAC") regulations or orders, and any European Union ("EU") regulations or orders.
In addition to any remedies that may be provided under these Terms, Seller may terminate this Agreement with immediate effect upon written notice to Buyer, if Buyer: (i) fails to pay any amount when due under this Agreement; (ii) has not otherwise performed or complied with any of these Terms, in whole or in part; or (iii) becomes insolvent, files a petition for bankruptcy or commences or has commenced against it proceedings relating to bankruptcy, receivership, reorganization or assignment for the benefit of creditors.
No waiver by Seller of any of the provisions of this Agreement is effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by Seller. No failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any rights, remedy, power or privilege arising from this Agreement operates or may be construed as a waiver thereof. No single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power or privilege hereunder precludes any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power or privilege.
- Confidential Information.
All non-public, confidential or proprietary information of Seller disclosed by Seller to Buyer, whether disclosed orally or disclosed or accessed in written, electronic or other form or media, and whether or not marked, designated or otherwise identified as "confidential," in connection with this Agreement is confidential, solely for the use of performing this Agreement and may not be disclosed or copied unless authorized in advance by Seller in writing. Upon Seller's request, Buyer shall promptly return all documents and other materials received from Seller. Seller shall be entitled to injunctive relief for any violation of this Section. This Section does not apply to information that is: (a) in the public domain; (b) known to Buyer at the time of disclosure; or (c) rightfully obtained by Seller on a non-confidential basis from a third party.
- Force Majeure.
The Seller shall not be liable or responsible to Buyer, nor be deemed to have defaulted or breached this Agreement, for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any term of this Agreement when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts or circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Seller including, without limitation, acts of God, flood, fire, earthquake, explosion, governmental actions, war, invasion or hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot, or other civil unrest, national emergency, revolution, insurrection, epidemic, lock- outs, strikes or other labor disputes (whether or not relating to either party's workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials, materials or telecommunication breakdown or power outage.
Buyer shall not assign any of its rights or delegate any of its obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of Seller. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section is null and void. No assignment or delegation relieves Buyer of any of its obligations under this Agreement.
- Relationship of the Parties.
The relationship between the parties is that of independent contractors. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, joint venture or other form of joint enterprise, employment or fiduciary relationship between the parties and neither party shall have authority to contract for or bind the other party in any manner whatsoever.
- No Third-Party Beneficiaries.
This Agreement is for the sole benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns and nothing herein, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer upon any other person or entity any legal or equitable right, benefit or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of these Terms.
- Governing Law.
All matters arising out of or relating to this Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State Texas.
- Submission to Jurisdiction.
Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be instituted in the federal courts of the United States of America or the courts of the State of Texas in each case located in the City of Houston and County of Harris, and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action or proceeding.
- Amendment and Modification.
These Terms may only be amended or modified in a writing which specifically states that it amends these Terms and is signed by an authorized representative of each party.
All notices, request, consents, claims, demands, waivers and other communications hereunder (each, a "Notice") shall be in writing and addressed to the parties at the addresses set forth on the face of the Sales Confirmation or to such other address that may be designated by the receiving party in writing. All Notices shall be delivered by personal delivery, nationally recognized overnight courier (with all fees pre-paid), facsimile (with confirmation of transmission) or certified or registered mail (in each case, return receipt requested, postage prepaid). Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, a Notice is effective only (a) upon receipt of the receiving party, and (b) if the party giving the Notice has complied with the requirements of this Section.
If any term or provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
Provisions of these Terms which by their nature should apply beyond their terms will remain in force after any termination or expiration of this Agreement.
(ii) the Goods shall be deemed to have been delivered; and (iii) Seller, at its option, may store the Goods until Buyer picks them up, whereupon Buyer shall be liable for all related cost expenses (including, without limitation, storage and insurance).